Your flight should be booked to arrive on the Sunday before your camp session(s) commences. Your return flight should be booked to depart early Saturday morning. All boarders should fly in and out of Toronto's Pearson International Airport or Detroit Metro Airport with final destination, London, Ontario. We can pick students up and drop them off at London International Airport only.
What to Bring
bedding for twin bed or sleeping bag and pillow, snack foods (We do not supply nightly snacks, pop etc.) , calling card, shower towel.
Code of Behavior
Students and parents should be aware that boarding is a privilege. We are not professional babysitters for problem children. We always run a waiting list and will not hesitate to remove students if behavior becomes an issue.
Every family is slightly different with respect to expectations and rules. That being said, several key rules must be observed.
- No smoking, drinking, chewing, dipping or swearing.
- No unsupervised travels off the boarding families’ property.
- No adult literature, photos, movies, etc are permitted. ( MAXIM, PLAYBOY etc. are considered adult literature. If you are not sure, don’t bring it)
- No physical contact of any sort with any other person. We have a hands off policy in place.
- No teasing, degrading or humiliating of any other person will be tolerated. This includes any racial references and or jokes.
- NO OPEN MOUTH CHEWING – This may sound peculiar, but many students have never been taught proper table manners. When you chew your food everyone in the area should not have to see it being chewed and more importantly, hear you chomping on it. Surprisingly, many students don’t realize they do this. Please have some common consideration.
- Remove footwear, clean or not, whenever you are inside the host families' home.
- Students must refrain from discussing the use of drugs and related issues with their peers. Some of our families have younger children and we don’t want this type of education to go on.
- Absolutely no long distance calls will be permitted without the use of a calling card or through the use of a collect call. CELL PHONES AND MP3 PLAYERS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE SLEEP ROOM!
- No food/snacks/drinks are to be consumed anywhere except the kitchen or dining room.
- Internet Access is not provided. So please do not request to check your e-mails.
Medications / Health Issues
Any and all medications and their schedules must be submitted upon arrival. The responsibility of drug administration lies entirely on the student. We are under strict direction not to administer medication of any sort to the students but can provide reminders.
Our boarding families are selected to ensure the high standards and quality experience the student receives at the camp itself. It is recommended that the parents call to initiate a dialogue with Tracey or Steve McKichan. Expectations, concerns, and issues can be discussed proactively to prevent any confusion or misunderstandings. During this period if you have a concern feel free to contact me directly to remedy the situation.
NON FLYING BOARDERS MUST NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 6:00 PM / NO SUNDAY MEAL
What NOT to bring
jewelry, pocketknives, weapons, adult magazines, excess cash. We cannot and will not be responsible for theft or loss. If you can't live without it, don't bring it.
Consent to treat
Please sign and date a letter giving Future Pro consent to treat yourchild if required. Send that sheet with your child and ensure that the student travels with the proper health insurance information.
Any US or Canadian student that will be crossing the border will need an original birth certificate, at least one piece of photo ID and consent to travel letter from a parent or guardian. Passports are recommended.
STEVE’S EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org